Service Sales Development Engineer – Distributors and Agents EMEA – where will your passion take you?
Are you an analytical thinker who enjoys working autonomously on service sales tactics within a variety of different markets? Do you believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way? We have the right job for you!
As a Service Sales Development Engineer, a key part of your role will be in maximizing the sustainable growth of our services business within the Distributor and Agents (D&A) region by creating and implementing the service sales strategy for these markets. You will equip the D&A team with the tactics to drive service sales within each of their regions.
Working closely with the wider VTS division and the VTS BLM, you will implement measures to support service sales within the D&A region. Through your extensive analysis of the Distributor markets, you will help establish the acquisition of new customer contacts and distributors and agents within your territory (with a focus on the service business) and remain in constant contact with key stakeholders to fulfil requirements.
Reporting directly into the Manager of Distributor and Agents EMEA, you will be empowered to make a difference whilst also given the support and opportunity to develop your skills.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
1. Produce service sales strategy:
- Creation of a service sales strategy for each of the Distributor markets which encompasses the complete marketing mix (Product, Price, Distribution, Promotion).
- Perform an independent analysis of data such as market size, share, potential and growth rates. This also includes competitor activity, client company structure, and product structure.
- Consider new developments in technology, the strengths and weaknesses of D&A’s, Leybold and competitors. In coordination with the sales engineers, independent agreement of the results with the respective distributors and agents.
- Define strategic service targets and outline opportunities and risks, whilst taking overall company goals into consideration.
- Create a development plan for existing service distributors and identify regions for potential expansion and sign up of new D&A’s.
2. Put service sales strategies into practice:
- Work independently on tactics to achieve goals, as well as evaluate measures such as costs and target contribution. Coordinate with D&A’s and respective Sales Engineers.
- Provide D&A’s with continuous training on proactive Service Sales, and, in particular, ensure that they promote and sell service contracts.
- Work closely with the VTS Division and the BLM to ensure that the Service business of the D&A team EMEA grows steadily and profitably.
- Monitor the Distributor Reward Program on a regular basis and define actions, if needed.
3. Coordination of service sales activities:
- Work closely with the Service Division on special sales promotions
- Coordinate Service activities with global customers and D&A’s, service training and the pricing of spare parts and service tools.
4. Acquisition of new customers and D&A’s, with a focus on the Service Business:
- Establish new customer contacts abroad with a focus on the service business.
- Research and select new service distributors.
- To support this, work independently to compile data on markets, the structure of market segments, competitors and applicant profiles.
- Work independently to prepare decision-ready documents relating to the acquisition of new Distributors/Agents, with a focus on the service business.
5. Maintain close contact with Customers, D&A’s:
- Remain in constant contact with customers, distributors & agents in order to fulfil requirements, and gauge level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide Distributors & Agents with support and training on the acquisition of new service customers, as well as maintaining contact afterwards.
- Discuss the technical details of the marketable service products, as well as the implementation of individual solutions. Consult with support functions if necessary.
- Support with customer complaints, which have been logged independently in relevant databases.
What you can expect from us:
- A friendly, family-like atmosphere
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
- New challenges and new things to learn every day
- Access to global job opportunities, as part of the Atlas Copco Group
- Complete set up to work out in the field, laptop and smart phone
- An excellent remuneration & benefits package
- A workplace for everyone – at Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
What we expect from you:
- Qualifications in a technical, science or engineering related subject is preferable, educated to degree level is desirable
- Service background ideal within vacuum is desirable
- Good written and spoken English
- Keen to travel 20-30% throughout the EMEA region
- Good influencing and presentation skills
- Ability to drive customer success by creating and implementing relevant service sales strategies
- Ability to improve business results by using knowledge and trends to provide direction to new and existing sales opportunities
- Ability to work as part of a team in the execution of an account or territory strategy
- Ability to influence and engage with others in pursuit of business opportunities
- A demonstratable track record of supporting service sales in driving revenue is desirable, ideally within the vacuum science / industrial sector
- System, product and applications expertise, particularly within industrial application sectors and products is desirable
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. We offer a wide range of training and further education programs, to enhance your know-how and to systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Leybold is where it begins – Pioneering products. Passionately applied.