- You are responsible for the complete procurement process, the supplier development, the sourcing related topics for Projects (NPI, Investments, etc.), the Scouting and constant Optimization of your supply base with continuous drive to improve Q, D, C
- You are the main driver for implementing and continuously improving the new lean operational model business set up, including Kanban with most suppliers
- You define the category strategy, the right supplier portfolio including the supplier strategies, and the correct resource structure to support it, calibrate with divisional plans, taking into account the increased need for electronic components in our products
- Together with your team, you evaluate on a constant basis existing and potentially new supply markets and suppliers with reference to financial stability, technical possibilities, quality, logistical performance and cost structure, in line with the divisional targets of operational cost efficiency, quality, logistical excellence and product cost
- Continuously, year on year reduce the total product cost a minimum 3,5% („CC7“ Program), together will all stakeholders in the CC7 program
- You look for Synergies within and between Divisions, the Business Area and within the Atlas Copco Goup
- You develop your team to a High Performing Team of procurement specialists and incorporate proper talent and succession planning (organisational development)
- You guide and coach your team during the development of new products and processes with absolute focus on targets of cost, planning, logistics and quality - in this, you work closely together with the Departments of Engineering, Process Development and Production
- Secure that all members of your team have the right attitude, competences, skills, and have the confidence and authority to run their processes and systems in a sustainable way
- Bring the Product Company and the Division to the levels of „World-class Leadership“ in the overall Net Working Capital. Reduce the working capital with special attention on inventory and payables
- Enforce Cost and Value Engineering activities within Procurement, e.g. target costing, benchmarks, value analysis / value engineering workshops etc.
What we expect of you?
- Masters or bachelor’s degree, Major in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years Procurement Experience, preferably in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment, with minimum 5 years in a strategic role, or experience in developing category strategies, preferably in an international set up
- Excellent written and verbal German and English language and presentation skills
- Change Manager and organisational Developer
- You have a strong result driven leadership style with strong organisational, analytical and coaching abilities. High sense of Urgency
- Hands-on, result driven Team player, able to build and maintain good relations with other departments and colleagues across the world
- Knowledge of vacuum pumps and respective components is a plus
- Strong negotiation skills both internally as externally
- Willingness to travel as when the business conditions and strategies require
What you can expect from us?
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group
- Independent and varied tasks
- Professional and personal further training opportunities
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time models
- Collective agreement for the metal and electrical industry
- 30 days holiday, company car park, company canteen
Contact: Birgit Herbsleb, Phone +49 221 3471642
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.