- Development and improvement of existing assembly processes in cooperation with purchasing, development, logistics, ME, flowteam and production
- Contribution of your expertise in the design of processes and in projects
- Creation of a purchase file as well as elaboration of specifications, supplier selection, technical assessment, bid evaluation, execution of decision analysis, elaboration of investment proposals as well as participation in negotiations
- Monitoring and realization of specifications
- Active participation in new product developments and design of Process Development Assembly ( electrical ) processes and ensuring know-how transfer for products and test equipment ( FAT )
- Continuous optimization of the operational performance of assembly processes.
- Reduction of assembly costs and lead times, improvement of material flow and reduction of inventories (e.g. Kanban withdrawals, kitting etc.)
- Initiation and intensive work on benchmarking projects
- Coordination with the competence centers in manufacturing, logistics and production (ME and Flowteam) with focus on end customers
- Optimization of existing manufacturing processes in terms of cost, flexibility, lead time, autonomy, robustness and quality, as well as legal requirements for occupational health and safety
- Advancing the topic of Industry 4.0 in the assembly area
- Creation of assembly work instructions to meet the legal requirements regarding "electrical safety".
- vEFK / work supervisor for electrical processes, taking into account the systems and work equipment, as well as the qualifications of the execution supervisors.
- Training of the persons responsible for execution with regard to the equipment and tools, as well as the work procedures and processes.
- Collaboration in the vEFK team at the Cologne site
What we expect of you?
- Completed Master's degree in Industrial Engineer Electromechanics / Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics (m/f/d) with at least 5 years of professional experience in electrical assembly, preferably experience in vacuum technology industrial vacuum and / or scientific vacuum
- Confident handling of legal requirements regarding electrical safety
- Experience as an electrician (EFK) or responsible electrician ( vEFK)
- Motivated, strong communication skills and stress resistant
- Innovative, creative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience in designing and implementing efficient flexible assembly processes
- Cost, environmental and safety consciousness
- Willingness to continuously educate yourself to stay on the cutting edge of technology
- Good knowledge of the German and English language
- Professional handling of MS-Office products, SAP knowledge – required
What you can expect from us?
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group
- Independent and varied tasks
- Professional and personal further training opportunities
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time models
- Collective agreement for the metal and electrical industry
- 30 days holiday, company car park, company canteen
Contact: Burkhard Vollbach, Phone +49 221 3471695
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.