Source materials from qualified suppliers at the most competitive price while maintaining the highest quality, efficiency and reliability of the sourced items. Support the procurement process and exhibit the highest standards of ethics and professionalism in the execution of the role and responsibilities.
- Create purchase orders in multiple plants and send to the appropriate supplier as required.
- Maintain the accuracy of purchase order delivery dates and pricing for inter-company and external suppliers.
- Expedite deliveries from Suppliers as required to support production schedules and requirements.
- Track inbound orders utiliizing freight forwarder and broker websites, direct phone and email contact to ensure cargo is moving efficiently and ensure SAP is current with all tracking information and delivery dates.
- Work with forecasts as a guideline for ordering product.
- Respond to price and delivery requests for non-stocked items as required. Analyze MRP generated reports and execute responses and actions when required.
- Collaborate with Proposal and Design Engineers to support our quotation processes and project execution, focusing on sourcing commodities and technical components at best value (lowest cost, best delivery and highest quality.)
- Evaluate stocking levels based on historical consumption and sale forecasts to minimize inventory levels.
- Address and resolve overdues and shortages relating to shipments to the distribution center and the off-site external warehouse.
- Process returns to suppliers for credit, replacement or repair.
- Support negotiations with potential new and existing suppliers considering total cost, lead time and quality.
- Maintain SAP records for assigned parts, particularly the purchase price, cost price, and lead time fields.
- Create new part numbers for new and repeat projects
- Interface with warehouses to correct inventory records to reflect accurate counts.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement and a culture of accountability.
- Ensure timely compliance with Company workplace policies and procedures, including human resource policies and safety policies.
- Support internal and external ISO audits of procurement processes and procedures.
- Support with audits and approval of potential new suppliers.
- Support adherence to Supplier contracts and supply and service agreements.
- Review Power BI reports to ensure suppliers are meeting targeted KPI‘s.
- Maintain MS Teams Dashboards in preparation for production meetings.
- B.S. Degree in Business or related field is preferred, or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement and/or supply chain management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Analytical skills related to overall business strategies and process improvement
- Working knowledge of purchasing strategies and techniques including RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ‘s, blanket orders as well as scaled and tiered pricing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in working with MS Office and MS Teams.
- Experience with an ERP system - SAP is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, material specifications and BOM‘s
- Ability to travel approximately 5%.
- Self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Competencies: Action orientied, Negiotiating, Cooperative Relationships, Drive for Results, Creativity
What you can expect from us?
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
What we expect of you?
- A broad knowledge and experience in Buying or Sourcing a technical product
- Business development skills
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software and CRM's are required
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of vacuum technology or principles is a plus
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.