This position will assemble standard and engineered-to-order vacuum systems to meet customer requirements (function and delivery) utilizing the documentation, schematics, drawings, and bills of materials provided. Assembly of customer orders includes complete systems, sub-components, and possible controls. Process steps include layout, assembly, wiring, testing, and final preparation before shipment.
- Assemble vacuum systems and/or non-standard pump configurations per specifications, drawings, and bills of material provided by Systems Engineering personnel
- Assembly consists of mounting, bolting, drilling, tapping, screwing, and cleaning. Final system wiring is frequently required while wiring of control panels, control components, and motor starters is infrequently required, but will be a learned task
- Mechanical scope with minimal electrical assembly skills utilizing proper tools
- Testing and leak checking of all components to meet customer specifications
- Responsible for system assembly integrity and zero defect quality
- Completion of work assignments in a timely manner while meeting the highest of quality standards
- Ability to use electrical test equipment at times
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Responsible for attending and complying with Hazard Communications (Right to Know) training and cooperate in all aspects of the company’s safety and health programs
- Other actons as assigned by the Production Supervisor or Group Leader
- Two Year technical school degree desired or High school graduate w/three (3) years experience in industrial mechanical/electro mechanical assembly, repair operations, or technical environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude (minimal electrical aptitude), ability to use hand tools, small power/pneumatic tools, and electrical equipment
- Ability to read general assembly drawings, general understanding of electrical wiring and components, ability to use hand held measuring devices such as micrometers
- Ablility to work in a team environment, cooperatively with fellow associates
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Experience using overhead cranes, jib cranes, and material handling equipment
- Experience in 5S and Lean Manufacturing within the workplace
- Customer focused and team spirited
- Computer skills are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
About Leybold and Atlas Copco
Employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.