The FLEX program
The program itself is flexible. Within a period of 12 to 24 months, you will be able to work in various departments at our location in Cologne as well as other locations worldwide. You have the opportunity to shape your professional development with us according to your own competencies and ideas - no matter whether you are interested in a general program or would like to prepare for a special position. You decide whether you are interested in a cross-departmental and cross-topic assignment or a focused assignment within a specific field.
Your starting point as Flex Trainee Sales & Product Intelligence Development
In our marketing department we are exploring new areas of business analytics for business purpose. We do this to make our complex product portfolio easier to understand and serve our customers in a better way.
There are several focus areas in this project. In a cross departmental team, we are working on 3 main areas.
- Finding patterns – digitalization of expert knowledge by several data analytics techniques – also utilizing external expert support
- Deploying this information on several digital apps to support our customers
- Following up on validating the value preposition of the product
Within your first 6-8 months your scope of responsibility would be the following
- To test and explore new analytics principles on the given sales dataset to improve the value of our digital apps
- Study and test given principles by yourself or with the help of external data analytics experts.
- Implement measurements / dashboards to test and validate product assumptions on user data and seek for customer feedback.
- Work very close with several internal stakeholder especially product managers and all involved in exploring latest digital apps.
It may sound like a programming exercise, but it is a lot more, as the most important part to success is to understand how our products work and how we do business as a company. In all we do, we have a strong connection to the products themselves.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree or above
- Science, Mathematics or Engineering background with strong interest in data analytics
- Ideally already experience in modern data analytics principles
- An open mindset which allows you to work in projects which have a lot of unknowns and where it is needed to explore and reflect a lot
- Experimental mindset
- Ideally already programming skills with focus on data analytics – like for example Python
- Excellent verbal English skills
- Business thinking acumen
What you can expect from us
- A practice-oriented entry into professional life
- Systematic training and further education with a great deal of freedom of decision and regularly feedback by tutors and mentors
- Plenty of creative scope and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas
- Opportunity for further development with international job prospects through the Atlas Copco Internal Job Market
- Attractive salary and additional benefits
- Canteen and medical service
Ms. Jennifer Hopp (Specialist Learning & Development)
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.