Installs, analyzes, troubleshoots, maintains and services Leybold vacuum pumps and related equipment (mechanical and electrical) in the field. Proactively promotes increased sales of spare parts, service repairs and other aftermarket services within an assigned geographical territory and at assigned target key accounts.
- Works closely with local account managers and service organization to increase sales of spare parts and aftermarket services of Leybold and Brand X products and helps to identify and penetrate new accounts within assigned regions
- Installs, analyzes, troubleshoots, maintains and services Leybold pumps and related equipment (mechanical and electrical) in the field.
- Able to achieve budget goals for sales of spares and aftermarket services.
- Supports new product qualifications and installations.
- Provides technical advice, assistance and product training to customers.
- Maintains relations between the customer and the organization on field service and aftermarket sales matters.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- In conjunction with sales, identifies areas for product improvement or needs for new products.
- Maintains historical log of site visits and writes trip reports and continues to follow-up on activities to ensure customers needs have been satisfied.
- Assist Sales Channels in selling company’s products & services by providing technical expertise to prospective and established customers.
- Increases employee’s knowledge of Leybold products in effectively facilitating installation, start-up, and maintenance of related equipment.
- Helps develop and train additional field service staff.
- A.S. degree in technical related discipline or 5 years of field service experience. Individuals with vacuum technology experience are a plus. (e.g., vacuum systems, turbopumps, dry pumps, booster pumps, leak detectors, rotary vane pumps, vacuum gauges and cryo pumps)
- Individuals who have the ability to develop strong customer relationships & promote Aftermarket sales and service
- Working knowledge of electronics, electrical systems and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and is a self-starter.
- Up to 60% domestic and international travel (primarily domestic).
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of personal computer environments (i.e. Microsoft office, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Demonstrated sense of urgency to respond to customer requirements.
- Good customer presence & interpersonal skills, experience selling aftermarket services is a plus
- Safety conscious.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Valid driver’s license required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
What we expect from you:
- A broad knowledge and experience in servicing a technical product
- Business development skills
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- An intermediate of higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software will be required
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of vacuum theory or principles is a plus
What you expect from us:
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.