The Data Lead will supports the Service Technology Centre Systems Lead in the management and analysis of data, and will contribute to developing business improvements driven by data and future data needs.
Leading on the acquisition of data from one or more sources, the Data Lead is the responsible custodian for and distributor of that data to those who need it, and responsible for its ultimate disposition through archiving or deletion.
Responsible for assuring the quality, accessibility, safety and utility of information and data, the Data Lead will define and enforce data management policies to cover aspects like retentions schedules, access, distribution, naming conventions etc., all of which are needed in order to manage data, systems, technology, processes and strategy.
- Create and maintain data lakes for reporting and analysis purposes.
- Be the lead for global data collected within the STC environment, presenting both local and global findings
- Ensure integrity and availability of data.
- Ensure the connectivity of systems to reduce duplication of data and incorrect/missing information
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement opportunities on other service software, leading to industry best practice standards
- Collaborates with other service, quality and engineering teams on business improvement projects to ensure high quality solutions are delivered and customer expectations and timeframes are met
- Produce and maintain ongoing sector and portfolio analysis, providing the business with an understanding of the composition of the portfolio, performance of our customers, impact of potential asset management initiatives and wider market.
- Support quarterly reporting across all VE Service, including reviewing the valuation inputs with GMs each quarter.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the service/manufacturing/Vacuum sector, enhancing our understanding of the economy, competitor landscape, consumer sentiment and wider market, assessing risks and opportunities arising from changes in the sector
- Alongside the Systems lead, manage relationships with relevant third party research and data providers. Support ongoing data and digital initiatives that inform our understanding of customer/consumer experience and other financial and operational metrics
- Lead on data collection, management of data dashboards, and ongoing reporting.
- Executing and delivering projects within time and budget constraints
- Ensuring that there is a high‐level of user adoption, ownership and governance across data, systems and processes
- Setting up the necessary framework to create an environment within the wider VT team of continuous improvement in processes and data reporting.
- Support the current reporting dashboard
Experience and Skills
- Will have a history of working as a Data Lead ideally with experience of managing and leading large data programmes
- Have experience with SAP transformation and Microsoft platforms including PowerBI
- Be an expert on data management processes and data quality standards
- Experience in developing data policies
- Self directed with strong attention to detail to ensure the handling and resolution of complex and challenging problems whilst maintaining regular communication with the internal customer and escalates issues through the appropriate channels when required.
- Proactively seeks feedback and asks questions to understand business requirements
- Strong customer focus to ensure innovative solutions are delivered against expectations and timeframes, whilst working in alignment with organisational strategies and processes
- Proactively looks for better ways to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Shares technical expertise and knowledge internal customers and team members and provides coaching where needed
- Utlises project management skills to plan and prioritise work in order to meet schedules and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapts own behaviour and communication style to different situations and uses effective communication techniques to convey messages effectively to various audience
- Understanding of project management methodologies e.g. Agile, Prince2 etc
- The role is part of a global team based in the Global Technology Centre, however, involves occasional global travel to the Service Technology Centre’s.
- The role supports all Service Technology Centre’s within Vacuum Technique and Semiconductor Service.
- Flexible work location arrangements will be considered e.g. home office worker.
- There may be an occasional requirement to work outside of regular office hours e.g. software updates, urgent system maintenance, live system updates
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.