To facilitate growth of our company’s service program through strong commitment to the delivery of high quality customer service to all VTS customers. Plus, ensure that the customer’s expectations are met every time. To provide timely service support for technical problems, monitoring, testing, and demonstrations that result in minimizing downtime, reducing costs, or promoting our Product capabilities in the case of a test or demo. To be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and installing parts as needed to maintain the equipment.
- Maintenance of vacuum components at customer facility or base facility in Milan/Cologno Monzese.
- Handling of maintenance tasks on site for Leybold vacuum components and systems as well as third party providers' vacuum components according to prescribed (ISA) guidelines, if possible, at the customer on site (minimum requirement: restoring functionality for the customer);
- Ensuring the functionality of the vacuum components (if necessary, application consulting) in order to avoid unnecessary failures
- Repair of vacuum components at customer site or in the workshop gin Cologno Monzese:
- Repair, disassembly and assembly of Leybold vacuum components and systems as well as third party providers' vacuum components according to prescribed (ISA) guidelines, if possible at the customer on site (minimum requirement: restoring functionality for the customer);
- Establishing reason for failure and error; Checking operation of appropriately repaired equipment;
- Conducting electrical safety inspection (ELSI), with commensurate liability
- Start-up at the customer after consulting the sales team or pump stand construction department
- Assembly and start-up of Leybold vacuum components and systems in Italy
- Following instructions and completing training to the defined extent;
- If need be, practice-related customer training on site and providing customers with instructions for handling the delivered/present systems and components.
- Remote service:
- Reading of measurement/pump data on site for the vacuum components and systems;
- interpretation of measured results and determination of critical pump conditions (condition monitoring);
- setting parameters and returning to default setting
- Customer communication / acquisition of deployment and maintenance orders and contracts:
- Independent scheduling of deployments after discussing work and times with customers and customer service headquarters;
- contacting customers in order to acquire additional deployments (maintenance) orders;
- Management of replacement parts:
- Independent managing of replacement part storage
- Refill orders and filling of replacement parts at base, in consultation with colleagues
- Guarantee repairs; handling complaints:
- Completing repairs arising from customer complaints
- Setting the required replacement parts, technical findings for cost estimate
- Provide parts information in the form of suggested stocking guides
- Provide warranty support; evaluate and validate claims, discuss issues with Product Company, and submit service reports to support claims
- Provide training for distributors and customers on all relevant features and benefits of using our products and consumables. This may include creating customized courses per the customer’s needs
- Set-up and monitor testing of new or improved components
- Track associated costs or data from tests to ensure completion
- Help develop solutions to local problems
- Communicate service and other relevant activities to Customer and VTS Operations Manager. This would be through daily service reports or relevant forms, e-mail and telephone communications
- Prepare information as requested whether routine or for special occasions
- Always be courteous and professional in all communications by offering total solution to the customer
- Identify Service and Equipment sales opportunities and generate leads for the Sales team
Skills and experience
Educational background: Vocational training in mechanical engineering is required, mechatronic qualification is nice to have but training on electrical aspects will be provided
Minimum of 5 years working experiences of repairs and maintenance on industrial equipment
- Technical expertise, combining mechanical and electrical components
- Aspiration to keep up to date with latest technical developments
- Experience in a service position in an industrial and highly technical environment
- Keep commitment to customers
- Work with the Atlas Copco „The Way“
- Be confident to be an important face to the customer and be strongly service minded
- Show courage and integrity
- Demonstrate efficiency and accuracy
- Learn to develop and update skills
- Sharing expertise and experiences with others to ensure lessons learned
- Effective and clear communication
- Be open and approachable
- Good verbal and written English required
- Confident in interaction with end customers
- Travelling in Italy required (drivers license)
Are we a good fit?
- Structured onboarding and training through the Vacuum academy in Basics of vacuum technology, servicing pumps & leak detection will be provided
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group
- Attractive compensation and benefits package
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Choose your career with us!
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.