Through accurate, relevant and timely business & financial analysis, support General Management in making effective business decisions.
To secure that adequate internal control processes are in place and that Group processes are implemented.
To participate in business activities and thereby actively contribute in developing the business in accordance with the strategy and targets.
To raise “red flags” to operational and/or holding management whenever compliance with sound business principles are at risk.
Be an active, dynamic member of the Product Company Management Team and the Co-Pilot for the General Manager.
In the Finance Council, you actively align and drive best practices with the Business Controllers of other Product Companies.
- You have the overall controlling and reporting responsibility according to our company guidelines
- You lead a team of currently 6 employees
- You will present figures, analysis and forecasting in Business Reviews and Board Meetings
- Monthly results: you will do the monthly consolidation for the Product Company and KPI Deviation Reporting. You update on drivers, deviations and business analysis of results
- Responsible for delivering accurate planning and forecasting – 3 Year Plan, budgeting, forecasts, scenario planning and any other management forward looking requirements
- Ensuring that cost center owners / functional heads are involved and responsible for their areas
- CAPEX and OPEX evaluation. Ownership of financial input and financial approval for Product Company in Cologne. Advise, guide and train to ensure appropriate standards for investment submissions to minimize throughput time and timely approval
- Implement, monitor and improve business controls. Ensure site compliance through training and knowledge transfer– eg Prokura. Keep up to date with current changes in financial regulations & company governance
- Drive and Identify financial improvements and business opportunities eg by analysis of current performance and identifying gaps. Support business with management information required for commercial decisions eg improvement project evaluation & BPI
- Work closely with the VPs Controlling of the respective Divisions in the location (IV, SV, VTS)
- To work in conjunction with the FSC and the VPs Controlling to provide results and identify and drive improvements in financial processes ensuring fit with general finance policies
- Responsible for standard cost accuracy including active participation in Global Cost Roll
The Business Controller PC Cologne is also responsible for the legal entity's total financial (IFRS & local GAAP = HGB), as well as non-financial, reporting in Germany.
Therefore, the following activities are included:
- Tasks in direct relation to financial and non-financial reporting
- Consolidate the financial and non-financial Group requirements for the operational entities included within the legal entity. Complete reporting for the legal entity.
- Safeguard that all insurance requirements within the legal entity are reported and that the insured asset and revenue values are correct. Includes property insurance, general liability, cars, workers compensation or other locally required policies
- Assist in the coordination of external audit requirements for the legal entity
- Have proper coordination with Holding DACH region when needed
Scope of the job
- You are the financial partner to the General Manager, VP Operations & Controlling in the respective Divisions
- You actively monitor the inventories of the product company and give guidance to the teams to reduce the overall cost of capital for the Product Company
- You actively manage the fixed assets for the Product Company and are directly responsible for the accuracy of the reported values
- You coach your department with eye for personal development, performance and closing the competence gaps of your employees
- You actively participate in the product committee meetings (PCM), product quality meetings (PQM), CC7 meetings and guide the business process from financial point of view
- You actively support the Divisions in the initiatives for Lean (VTPS) and SHE
- Product Company Controlling Experience, preferably in an international organization
- Cost control and Contingency Measures Experience
- Commercially aware with understanding of different commercial / revenue models
- 5+yrs of work experience in a fast paced, change oriented environment
- Strong Leadership Skills and profound experience as a people manager is a must.
- Experience in Production (Assembly & Machining) is a must. Logistics knowledge preferred
- Proven Track Record
You have a university degree in Economics or Engineering with focus on Economics. Any equivalent commercial study will be considered
- You have strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- You have high energy and motivation levels
- You have excellent organizational competencies.
- You are creative and entrepreneurial with maximum focus on overall cost reduction and long-term profitability.
- You have strong analytical, presentational and commercial skills
- You are a strong team player with experience and management and supervision of direct reports
- You have a customer centric attitude and have the ability to empower your and the PC team and create trustworthy and fair relations with all stakeholders.
- You are an open-minded person to implement new ideas and see opportunities for improvement.
- You combine a strong personality with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- German language skills are preferred (local GAAP, HGB)
Country and city description
You will be based in Cologne but travelling is not excluded.
General Manager Product Company Cologne
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.