We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success.
We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
Interested to work in an environmental that develops high technology cryo products for scientific and R&D applications?
Do you love to interact with stakeholders and colleagues around the globe?
Being an active and driving member of the NPI project team to achieve the projects on time and in full triggers you?
We have the right and existing job in a challenging environment that continuously searches for continuous improvements through interaction, commitment and innovation.
The mission of the New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer is to design, size and calculate new products and features in different type of configurations through NPI projects. The focus will be on the mechanical part of the products. To use the core components developed by the CPI (Technology & Innovations) team in collaboration with the NPI team to develop the new products.
Your responsibilities would be in detail:
- Support the laboratory - with the realization and testing of prototypes - and all other departments in particular purchasing to finalize cost and quality for designed components
- Work with third party certification bodies to approve products for different certificates requested by customer
- Design for assembly that optimize the assembly procedures and minimize the routing times
- Execute continuous improvements to support the quality, production and purchasing department
- Realize the Bill Of Material, operational and maintenance manual, technical datasheets according the internal guidelines and actual norms (ex. CE, ATEX, NOISE EMISSION, EMISSION REGULATIONS, exc.)
What you can expect from us?
- Excellent working conditions
- Independent and wide-ranging tasks and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Modern learning management system with free access to worldwide courses
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working time models
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
What we expect of you?
- Engineering degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or equivalent through work experience
- Professional experience in the field of mechanical design and product development favourable
- Good knowledge of commercial and processes
- Safe handling of common software applications: MS Office, SAP
- Good command of English
About Leybold. Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success. The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.