- Development of a vision "Horizon" for its competence center "Machining Rotors"
- Definition for the necessary areas of "knowledge" and "competence", which can be combined with the implementation of newly developed industrial vacuum and scientific vacuum products and processes
- Manages the technology and available competencies of the competence center assigned to him, including competencies outside of Leybold Cologne, and ensures that these are made available to the organization
- Development of a medium-term vision for the measures to be taken to meet current and future requirements (quality, capacity, safety, etc.)
- Preparation of project feasibility studies together with his team
- Influencing the production design in the preparation phase, so that a minimization of process costs, increase of flexibility, reduction of throughput times, increase of auto-nomie and a better manageability of the production process is realized
- Digitalization of the processes (Industry 4.0) is to be pursued
- Monitoring and realization of master specification / investment application
- Monitoring of production capacity and preparation of a final purchase file, including the preparation of specifications, supplier selection and requests, trial processing and trials, technical evaluation, evaluation of offers, carrying out of decision analyses, preparation of investment requests, participation in negotiations and commissioning
- Ensuring the pre-qualification and qualification of the processes and the transfer of the processes to the flow organization
- Execution of technical instructions, safety instructions and training of employees as well as preparation of necessary operating instructions and risk assessments
What we expect of you?
- Master Industrial Engineer or Industrial Engineer Electromechanics with at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of Machining, preferably experience in vacuum technology Industrial Vacuum and/or Scientific Vacuum
- Management experience, motivation and training experience
- Willingness to continuously educate oneself in order to remain at the cutting edge of technology
- Strong in communication, assertive, flexible and stress-resistant
- Innovative, goal-oriented and cost-conscious
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems, ISO standards
- Good knowledge of the German and English language
What you can expect from us?
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group
- Independent and varied tasks
- Professional and personal further training opportunities
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time models
- Collective agreement for the metal and electrical industry
- 30 days holiday, company car park, company canteen
Contact: Burkhard Vollbach, Phone +49 221 3471695
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.