At Edwards Vacuum believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That’s where you come in – we believe our people make it happen.
The Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Identify, develop, and execute a portfolio of projects to deliver;
- A local network of Service Technology Centres (STC) with the flexibility to continuously provide the capability and capacity required by our customers, in the right locations, utilising the latest lean manufacturing methods to deliver the required level of quality in the most cost effective way possible.
- Documentation/data describing the characteristics & capabilities of each STC and its contents.
In addition to project delivery the manufacturing engineer is also responsible for fulfiment of support requirements for a variety of internal stakeholders, including Operations, Quality, SHE, New Product Introduction, and New Technology Introduction, and ensuring adherence to published engineering standards through a program of audit and change control.
What we expect of you:
- Contribute to development of CAPEX projects of multiple million USD value. Under direction of senior manufacturing engineers develop concepts, produce designs, obtain quotes, produce project schedules, and perform safety assessments.
- Support execution of CAPEX projects of multiple million USD value. Engage with suppliers and contractors to safely deliver project deliverables on schedule and on budget. Contribute to internal project meetings, spend and schedule tracking, engineering management reports, and post-project reviews and effectiveness measurement.
Manage own continuous development through application of structured planning & review process and identification/attendance of appropriate training programs.
- Support execution of portfolio of continuous improvement projects (CIP), consisting of;
- projects proactively generated by engineering team through application of their knowledge and expertise and application of tools such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and Capacity Models
- inputs gathered from local teams (operations, safety, quality) and global teams (NPI, lean, technology, and cost reduction teams.)
- Contribute to regular priority alignment and performance reviews with regional GMs and operations managers to ensure regular, structured alignment of CIP program.
- Maintain capacity models for all STCs in role scope, collating site configuration, remanufacturing standard times, and volume forecast data to provide foresight of equipment utilisation changes.
- Implement internal directives, such as Service Information Bulletins, issued by global teams to address quality or operational issues
- Fulfil engineering scope of Vacuum Technique Production System (VTPS) e.g. attend site operations meetings, conduct site walkthroughs, support problem solving activities.
- Prepare Kaizen, Permit, and Engineering Change applications for submission to internal change control council.
- Execute program of engineering audits to ensure deviations from published standards are identified and addressed.
What you can expect from us:
Competitive Salary & Benefits: But there's more! You will join a high performing team and a company with a good reputation and a rich history. The open culture ensures that everyone is accessible and willing to help you. Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group, so there are many opportunities in the US and globally within a culturally rich and diverse team.
Safety - Join a company which promotes a strong multi-cultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace where the importance of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) is paramount. The company is always developing it’s SHE culture and adopting behaviors that ensure the wellbeing of our team members, and we ensure that our customers understand and recognize the value and importance Edwards places upon this key aspect of work, and the part that they also play.
People - Our people make Edwards a great place to work. We support our people to grow and develop, offering a strong training culture and opportunities for advancement and mobility. We identify successors, readiness, and skills gaps for all key roles to ensure that a pipeline of business ready diverse & mobile talent is in place for current and future needs.
Knowledge - We encourage openness and sharing of knowledge to improve the knowledge exchange across the Company for benefit of our teams, our customers, and our business.
Diverse and Inclusive - We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Edwards, part of the Atlas Copco Group, we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us to understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation, and results.
Sustainability – Edwards celebrated is 100-year centenary in 2020 and is part of a group that is 148 years old and going strong. Be part of an organization that continues to grow, while it looks after the Planet, its Profit, and its People.
Global Leadership - Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement systems. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel, to the making of semi-conductor chips, and the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research.
About the Company:
Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with our customers and continually setting new standards.
With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the production of semiconductor chips and steel, to the generation of power, to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research. Everywhere you find industrial vacuum requirements, you will find Edwards leading the way.
From medicines to mobile phones, from computers to coffee beans, to cars and chemicals, we pride ourselves in making a difference to people’s lives. And we do it responsibly, ensuring that we innovate sustainably, while helping our customers to maintain their competitive advantage and operational excellence.
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: ATCO A, ATCO B), a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions.
For more information about Edwards and Atlas Copco, please visit our websites: www.edwardsvacuum.com, www.atlascopco.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Edwards Vacuum LLC (Edwards) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: Edwards is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Edwards are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Edwards will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Edwards encourages applicants of all ages.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.