Leybold develops vacuum pumps for its customers that are specially adapted to the application on the basis of modular systems. We are looking for a leader for an engineering team that can absorb and understand the requirements of our customers and provide customized solutions for them. Your role will be at the interface between customer communication, engineering and manufacturing. Entrepreneurial thinking is required to find the right solutions in coordination with all stakeholders.
- Management of the engineering group Customer Focused Engineering (CFE) in the field of high vacuum pumps
- Management of projects for customization of high vacuum products, in particular turbomolecular pumps (TMP)
- Technical coordination and communication with customers in cooperation with the Customer Centers
- Responsibility for the vacuum technical design of product variants of TMPs
- Monitoring of product quality in the field and coordination with series development in product improvement and in new product development
- Coordination of the product roadmap with product managers and company management
- Presentation of project plans and status as well as products to customers and internally
- Portfolio management of all projects for customization of high vacuum products, especially in the analysis market
What we expect of you?
- Completed master's degree in mechanical engineering or comparable
- More than two years of professional experience in the field of vacuum technology
- Goal-oriented approach, entrepreneurial attitude
- Technical knowledge in the field of mass spectrometers desirable
- Knowledge in the application of common development and quality methods
- Confident handling of MS Office, project planning tools
- Experience in managing small to medium sized projects
- Good communication skills for internal coordination and towards customers
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel (approx. 10% of the time)
- Team and communication skills for interdisciplinary cooperation
What you can expect from us?
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group
- Independent and varied tasks
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working time models
- Collective agreement of the metal and electrical industry
- 30 days vacation, company parking, subsidized company cafeteria
Contact: Birgit Herbsleb, Pone 0221 3471642
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.