Engineering Fitter Apprentice Level 3 (m/f/d)

  • Função: Serviços
  • Localização: Chessington, London, United Kingdom
  • Application Period: 28 junho 2021 – 01 outubro 2021

Your future job

Engineering Fitter Level 3 - Services – start a journey of endless opportunities

The role

Are you keen to start an exciting career in mechatronics?  Do you enjoy finding solutions to people’s technical problems? Are you a self-starter who is keen to grow within an innovative company?  If so, we want to hear from you.

We are looking for an Engineering Fitter apprentice who is excited about maintaining and repairing products that are revolutionizing the world of vacuum.  We want people who are excited about solving unique, and highly complex technical problems.

Leybold and our training provider, East Surrey College will collaborate to ensure that you are provided with continuous training and development.  The majority of your development will be on the job learning at our UK Leybold workshop-based Chessington. 

You’ll be given a tailored development plan and opportunities to increase your skills throughout with 80% being on-the-job and the remaining 20% off-the-job.  Additional training will be delivered either remotely through online learning, with some additional off-site training with the training provider. You will receive support from your manager, buddy and mentor to aid you in securing a permanent role in one of our teams, a competitive salary along with other generous benefits. This is a 36 - 42-month Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship program with the Technical Service Inhouse team in conjunction with our training provider.

As an apprentice at Leybold you will be empowered to make a difference whilst also given the support and opportunity to develop your skills.

Responsibilities, aligned with the Level 3 standard, include but aren’t limited to:

  • Making a technical contribution to either the quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning or maintenance of products
  • Applying safe systems of working
  • Applying proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems


What you can expect from us:

  • A friendly, family-like atmosphere
  • Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
  • A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
  • Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
  • New challenges and new things to learn every day
  • Access to global job opportunities, as part of the Atlas Copco Group
  • An excellent remuneration & benefits package
  • A workplace for everyone – at Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results


What we expect from you:

  • 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or equivalent, including Mathematics, English and a Science.
  • Experience from personal or school projects is a plus
  • A strong interest in learning and growing as a service engineer
  • An interest in engineering or construction and enjoys learning how things work
  • Good timekeeping and the ability to work to deadlines
  • Good communication skills
  • Able to understand and follow instructions
  • Takes pride in their work and has a keen eye for detail
  • Adaptable
  • Can-do attitude
  • Works collaboratively with others

About Leybold:

The history of Leybold spans a period of over 170 years. Our mission is to drive sustainable, profitable growth aligned with our core values of interaction, commitment and innovation. We employ people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.

Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.

The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. We offer a wide range of training and further education programs, to enhance your know-how and to systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.

Leybold is where it begins – Pioneering products. Passionately applied.

Quick apply now Apply now